Pages

28.10.10

ThinkBig Technology Forum 2010

IMG_0872

Thanks to Tiger Lim for getting me a ticket to attend ThinkBig Technology Forum organized by Asia Inc & iCenter. I was pretty excited to attend this event in hoping to learn and get inspired by the speakers.

They invited people like:

  • Dr Grahaeme Henderson (Managing Director of Brunei Shell Petroleum)
  • Ken Wye Saw ( Vice president, Public Sector, (Asia) Microsoft)
  • Brian Koh (Deputy Director, NUS Enterprise)
  • Khoong Hock Yun  (Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Infrastructure and Services Development Group, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore)
  • Kevin Walsh (Chief Technology Officer, Oracle Asia Research and Developments Centers)

The topic and discussion consist of:

  • BSP Technical Innovation: The story of Champion
  • Embracing The Future: Global Trends and Challenges
  • e-Government: Connecting with the Citizens
  • Globalization of Technology Innovation
  • At the Heart of Innovation: “Delivering World Class Technology in Brunei”

The Indera Kayangan BallroomIMG_0868 This is mainly where all the session was hosted.

The Empire Threatre

IMG_0780

This is where we have lunch and the luncheon session.

Kevin Walsh in action

IMG_0838

How I find the whole event? I like the venue, the program layout, and the opportunity to hear peoples participant with asking questions, opinion and ideas. Some of the question that been raised up is top notch and bringing awareness of the issues.

However I feel that keynote that address by the speakers is too generalisations and constantly bringing China/ Singapore into the pictures and quite a lots of marketing talk. While I can understand it is their expertise and the venue they working at, instead of talking about 1 Data Center with over thousands server in one node, big server, big info structure, big network, big cooperation. I am more interested on how to think BIG!

But I can see that some of the ideas that’s been brought forward is new to some of the participants. Overall I can said the event is a success, it is just that I go with the wrong expectations.

So did I learn anything from here? Definitely YES, just not as much as I expect it to be >w<