Pages

7.10.09

Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC acquired!!!

Remember few post ago I mentioned that I gonna look for an UWA lens? Now here I am, can happily said that I have acquired Sigma 10-22mm F4-F5.6 EX DC!!! Btw my first sigma lens also :p

IMG_5153 Some of you may ask me why this lens? I actually set my mind to get Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 once I save up enough for that, but when I saw this lens for sale in Brudirect classified with such tempting price that I just can’t resist. 

IMG_5154 When I first hold this lens, the first thing that come to my mind is that it is heavier than my other lens, almost as heavy as canon EFS 18-200mm. AF is really fast and silence compare to my other non USM canon lens, and full time manual is really a fantastic feature. Too bad the zoom ring is turning the other direction compare to canon, so I may get confuse when I am using it? Gonna look out for a 77mm ND filter to accompany this lens for my sunset shoots.

Other stuffs I like about this deal is the freebies that come with it, Kenko 77mm UV filter, Sigma lens hood and even a Sigma lens bag!!!

IMG_5158

And here it compare to my other lens

IMG_5157 Canon EF50mm –> EFS 55-250mm –> Sigma 10-20mm

IMG_5168 So why UWA lens? Here is 2 snap shoot of my home, 1st is 10mm and the 2nd is 17mm. From here you can actually see how wide you can cover compare to the normal zoom range.

IMG_5136 IMG_5138 And one panning shootIMG_5141 So I have completed the range from 10mm to 250mm, and started to wonder when & what will be my next lens purchase. A 17-50mm F2.8? Macro lens? However, I know really well that I gonna have lot’s of fun with what I have and can’t wait to see how’s the result will be.