Pages

3.9.09

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 MKII

I have been wanted to acquire this lens for almost a month plus, somehow either no stock in the market or the price just isn’t right for me. Then yesterday I received a call from Interhouse, the authorize dealer of Canon in Brunei and saying that they have stock, so I dropped by today to get my copy.

IMG_0978

Like all other reviewers/ comments from internet, the moments I lay my hand on it, I can feel the plastic across the whole lens, and it feel extremely light and fragile. Of course you can’t really expect a lens this cheap yet build like a tank, autofocus is ok, not really fast and it hunt during low light or on the white/black surface.

But the f/1.8 really show the difference when you started to compare the different. Especially how it effect bokeh and shutter speed. The first one is ISO 100, f/8 and shutter speed of 1/20sec, the 2nd photo taken with ISO100, f/1.8 and shutter speed of 1/400!!! And you actually can see the difference when you comparing the 2 photo.

IMG_0938-2IMG_0934-1

Since this is only the first day I got this lens, I can’t really comment how will I rate this lens; but I can feel that I may get addicted to the power of wide open aperture and high shutter speed. But only time when tell regarding that.