As Chinese new year is getting closer and closer, I know a lot of you have been eating a lot of Chinese orange or will do. Found this on re-nest.com, decided to copy it and share it with you all. :)
1. Make Candied Peels: These are great to munch on their own or as a garnish on top of cakes and parfaits. Our recipe for Candied Lemon Peels can be adapted to any kind of citrus.
2. Dry and Save for Tea: Dried peels make a nice addition to your basic cup of black tea! We also like to use them in our homemade chai tea mix this time of year. Scrape away as much of the bitter pith as you can and leave the peels in a single-layer on a plate or drying rack for a few days. If you're very eager, you can also toast them in a 200° oven until completely dry. Store in an air-tight jar away from direct sunlight.
3. Add to Meat Dishes: A hint of citrus will enhance many meat dishes. Throw the peels in the braising liquid or put them in the cavity of a whole chicken before roasting.
4. Infuse Liquor: Citrus-infused vodka is excellent cocktails, of course! Check out our post on infusing your own alcohol for more details.
5. Mix with Fireplace Kindling: A few peels thrown in the kindling makes for an especially fragrant fire! They work best if you let them dry out for a day or two beforehand. Just collect the peels in a bowl and leave them out in the open or on top of a heater.
Original article can be found HERE